Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A letter to His children

Sometimes things will not go our way, people will disappoint us, our faith may tremble. We may be stricken with fear or worry and not have peace in our hearts, but in times where our faith is shaken, He brings out his hands and says "Come, Believe." (John 20:24-29). The Lord is faithful, his ways are higher, his love never fails, he always perseveres. This is a letter I wrote for times we may struggle with faithfulness and truth. 

My Son or Daughter,
"Come, my child. Believe in me. Have faith. I love you, and I have set you free. Continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the HOPE of the gospel. Fight the good fight of faith. TAKE HOLD of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. You were set apart for great things. I see you as holy and free of blemish and accusation. Let go of the past. Let go of your sins, brokenness, and failures. By repentance, be freed. Rejoice in your salvation and the hope of the cross. Life is not a punishment. Have joy, rejoice! Perfect love drives out fear, and fear has to do with punishment. I have perfect love for you. Love that demands death on the cross. Do not worry about anything. Let worry/fear do its work, to get you to address certain issues and overcome them, but do not be in a perpetual state of worry. Drive it out. Worry and anxiety are not from me. Fear is not from me. I have come to give you LIFE. My peace comes upon you when you come to me in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, knowing I am faithful. My yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Come to me, child, and I will love you and show you the way. I am the author and perfecter of your life. I will bring you joy and peace and shelter you in My arms in times of hardship. I have overcome the world for you! Darkness has no say. Child, you mean everything to me. At times you may not feel like much, you may belittle yourself, you may focus on what's not right; but you mean the world to me. I am pleased with you. I would lay down my life for you. Have life in me, and life abundantly. Have joy unending. Do not worry or fear so. I have got the world in my hands, and I love you; I love my children. You are my child. I will watch over you and protect you. I will come for you when you go astray. I will not lose you. And I will rejoice when you are found by me again."



(Rom. 6:18,  Col. 1:23, 1 Tim. 6:12, Jer. 1:5, Eph. 1:4-6, Isaiah 45:18-19, 1 John 1:9, Phil. 4:4, 1 John 4:18, Matt. 6:25-34, Matt. 11:30, Phil. 4:6-7, Matt. 3:17, 1 John 4:4, John 15:13, Eph. 3:19, Luke 15:3-7)

2 comments:

  1. haha I love in luke 15 when the shepherd puts the lost sheep on his shoulder, rejoicing for his 1 lost sheep.

    ReplyDelete